Scientific research in Neurochirurgisch Centrum Nijmegen
On this page is an overview of all the scientific research performed in and collaborations with other institutes of the NCCN.
- Cerbrovascular neurosurgery
- Stability of thrombus and aneurysm wall after implantation of different flow diverter designs in a rat aneurysm model, Investiagtor: Dr. R. Aquarius
- Molecular basis of intracranial aneurysm rupture, biomarkers and therapeutic targets, PhD student: drs. T. de Korte
- AVM registratie: Prospectief cohort research for cerebral arterio-venous malformations, PhD student: V. Shimanskaya, Msc
- Cohort study for the treatment of unruptured intracranial aneurysms with flow diverters (CATRIF), PhD student: V. Shimanskaya, Msc
- Minimal invasive follow up after flow diversion: comparison of subtraction computed tomography angiography, contrast enhanced magnetic resonance angiography and digital subtraction angiography as follow-up imaging modalities in flow diverter treatment for intracranial aneurysms (MINIFLOW), PhD student: V. Shimanskaya, Msc
- Advantages of mobilization in Patients with an external cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) drain (AMPED), PhD student: S. Arts, Msc
- A prospective study to investigate the outcomes in different assessment methods of the Modified Rankin Scale (mRS) in patients with an aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), PhD student: E. Nobels-Janssen, Msc
- Functional and stereotactic neurosurgery
- Awake or general anesthesia for deep brain stimulation, PhD student: drs. S. Vinke,
- Stereotactic (automated) frame for ventricular puncture, PhD student: drs. S. Vinke
- Motor cortex stimulatie project, projectleider: Drs. E. Kurt,
- Cingulotomy project, project leaders: Drs. E. Kurt,
- An Automation of the Pre-operative 3D Planning for Open Cranial Vault Reconstruction, PhD student: G. de Jong, Msc
- Spinal surgery
- Evaluating the post-operative utility of outpatient appointments after discharge following spinal surgery, PhD student: K. de bree, Msc
- Postoperative wound assessment with artificial intelligence, project leaders: G. de Jong, Msc en K. de bree, Msc
- Analyse van de uitkomst van cauda equina of conus medullaris syndroom na traumatisch wervelkolomletsel, PhD student: E. Brouwers, Msc
- Scientific collaborations with other neurosurgery clinics
- Center-TBI. A European multicentre prospective cohort analysis for patients with severe traumatic brain injury initiated from Antwerp University
- CONNECT study.
- CASINO study.
- PLUS-studie (Preventing LUmbar Disc Surgery).
- LIFT study.
- Protect- U (Prospective Randomized Open-label Trial to Evaluate risk faCTor management in patients with Unruptured intracranial aneurysms).
- ULTRA study (ULTRA-EARLY TRANEXAMIC ACID AFTER SUBARACHNOID HEMORRHAGE: A MULTICENTER STUDY).
- European Endovascular Clip System (eCLIPS™) Safety, Feasibility and Efficacy Study (EESIS).
- SCENT studie (The Surpass™ IntraCranial Aneurysm Embolization System Pivotal Trial to treat large OR giant wide neck aneurysms).
- STIMO studie Epidural Electrical Simulation (EES) With Robot-assisted Rehabilitation in Patients With Spinal Cord Injury.