Neurosurgical Center Nijmegen

The history of neurosurgery in Nijmegen goes back to 1942. In that year the neurosurgeon Paul Hoeberechts (1911-1978) established his practice in the Canisius Hospital. He was succeeded by Alphons Walder in 1956. In the same year Walder also took a position in the staff of the neurology department of the newly developed University Hospital St. Radboud. In 1969 The Neurosurgical Center Nijmegen (NCN) was founded.