Vacancy for a Neurosurgeon
The departments of neurosurgery of the Radboud university medical center and Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital (CWZ) have joined forces and together form the Neurosurgical Center Nijmegen (NCCN). The NCCN has a supra-regional role in pediatric neurosurgery and in trauma care in the eastern part of the Netherlands as part of Traumacentrum Oost (Trauma Center East). In addition to its clinical work, the NCCN has an academic mission to train neurosurgeons, medical students, nurses and surgical assistants. The Center also focusses on several lines of research that annually result in several scientific publications and many presentations at international conferences.
We are looking for an
enthusiastic neurosurgeon (1.0 FTE)
a team player with ambition!
As a neurosurgeon you will be engaged in clinical and outpatient care and have teaching and research tasks in the field of neurosurgery at both locations (CWZ will be your main location). More specifically, you will:
• perform clinical, outpatient and ambulatory care
• train residents at CWZ
• be expected to have an interest in scientific research
• organize the necessary collaborative network at CWZ needed to provide high-quality neurosurgical care, and should be able to build good co-worker relationships within this context
• perform services for the NCCN
As part of our neurosurgery staff, you may be given the opportunity to specialize in at least two sub-specialty areas in neurosurgery (e.g. complex spine surgery, vascular surgery, deep brain stimulation, or liquor circulation disorders). We look forward to discussing your ambitions with you and how they can be accommodated within the NCCN’s current team composition.
• completed (or nearly completed) neurosurgical training
• team player with organizational sensitivity
• the ambition and potential to rise to the position of Medical Manager of Neurosurgery at CWZ
• the ability to find original solutions to problems and initiate innovation in patient care
• the willingness to learn Dutch
Terms of employment
• permanent contract. If you have recently completed your training, you will be given a one-year contract, with the intent to follow up with a permanent contract.
• 40-48 hours a week
• salary scale 97A in accordance with the Collective Agreement for University Medical Centers (CAO UMC)
Prof. R. Bartels, Head of the Neurosurgery Department, tel. +31 24 3617319